Table of Contents
One of the Netizen in Reddit commented that “Dining out numbers / VTL rules change faster than You change underwear.” Yes, the rules keep changing and it has become very difficult for agencies and employers to keep a lookout to ensure they do everything correctly so that their Indian maid arrive safely and smoothly from India to Singapore. How to bring maid from India to Singapore in 2022?
I believe at this stage you have already done your Indian maid selection, interviewed her, video call her and also have explained full details about the work that she is expected to do in your house. So let’s straight away go into the process of How to bring maid from India to Singapore in 2022.
Ask your Indian maid to write an Approval
Before you apply your In-principle approval, ask your Indian maid to write an approval letter to you. This letter should state that she agrees for you to apply for the MDW visa for her to come to Singapore to work. You can add on extra by asking her to state her salary and the number of off days that she is offered.
You can ask her to take a snap form her phone and WhatsApp this image to you. Once you get this in hand, you can start to apply the In-principle approval for her. As an employer, you must get written consent before applying for a work pass to protect yourself so that after she is here, she will not state that she didn’t know what she was coming for and what her salary was.
In-principle approval for MDW
You can proceed to apply for her MDW visa. This is an online process that you have to use Singpass to log in to the MOM portal. Log in as an Employer using the singpass and complete the process. You will be charged $35 for this application. Processing time: within 1 week. Some cases will take more time.
You will need this information for applying:
- Helper’s passport details
- Your and your family members’ personal particulars
- Your income information
For the application outcome, MOM will email you.
After the In-principle approval is approved
Once your Indian maid’s application has been approved, no you can buy the $5,000 security bond and medical insurance. There are many different types of insurance in the market. You can compare and buy the most affordable and reasonable package. Before your helper arrives in Singapore, you must buy medical insurance and personal accident insurance as part of your medical obligations to her.
But ensure her Security bond start date is at least one day before her arrival date to Singapore. Otherwise, she will not be allowed to enter Singapore. Log in to WP Online to print the security bond acknowledgement letter. Send a copy of the letter to your helper.
Submit an entry application
This is an additional procedure ever since the pandemic started. This is a big hassle and a lot of coordination is required for Indian Maids. Every crucial part of the “How to bring maid from India to Singapore in 2022”.
Submit an entry application for your Indian Maid. She must obtain entry approval to enter Singapore. Your helper is eligible for WPHL (Work Pass Holder Lane). Link to WPHL: https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/STO/
The following is extracted from ICA website :
- Must be fully vaccinated before arrival.
- Take 1 of these COVID-19 tests within 2 days before departure:
- PCR test: Done with an internationally accredited or recognised lab, clinic or medical facility.
- ART: Done by a trained professional (e.g. medical professional or Government-recognised trained professional). Self-swabs are not allowed.
- Present a valid negative test report, that meets all the requirements below, before departure and upon arrival in Singapore:
- Is in English (or accompanied with an English translation);
- Contains the following:
- COVID-19 test results and date of test;
- Name of helper/CN; and
- Date of Birth or Passport number (per the passport used to travel to Singapore.
- Take on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test at the Singapore checkpoint.Submitters must register and pay for the test before the helper arrives in Singapore. Otherwise, she may be denied entry and submitter’s subsequent entry applications may be rejected.
- [Entry into Singapore by Air] Register and pay $125 (including GST) here.
- Proceed from the checkpoint immediately to their place of isolation.
Employer must arrange to pick them up within 1 hour of arrival from the checkpoint, using private transport (e.g. employer’s own vehicle, taxi, private hire car) to go to the place of isolation. Public transport (e.g. public bus or train) is not allowed.
- Self-isolate in one of the following accommodation until they get a negative test result:
- Suitable accommodation sourced by Employer (e.g. hotels or serviced apartments, hostels or Employment Agencies’ residential units. Please ensure these places can accommodate persons on SHN).
- Employer’s house. The helper must isolate herself in her room and minimise contact with household members. If this is not possible or there are vulnerable household members, please look for another accommodation. If tested negative, they can go about their activities in Singapore, without a need to serve SHN.
- [Only for helpers who were vaccinated overseas] Take serology test at a Public Health Preparedness Clinic to confirm their vaccination status within 14 days of completing self-isolation. Please call the clinic to check if they offer serology tests.
Documents pass holders should produce to prove they are fully vaccinated
Indian Maids must produce the following copy of the vaccination certificate with all these details:
- Name (as stated on the passport)
- At least 1 other personal identifier, e.g. date of birth or passport number
- Country of vaccination
- Name of vaccine used (if more than 1 dose, the name of each vaccine administered)
- Vaccination date(s) (if more than 1 dose, the dates each dose was administered)
Note If the vaccination certificate is not in English, it should be translated to English and notarised.
Settling-In Programme (SIP) for first-time Indian Maids
You will have to send a first-time migrant domestic worker (MDW) for the Settling-In Programme within 3 days of completion of SHN, excluding Sunday and public holidays. You may refer to this link for more details: Settling-In Programme (SIP) which is also a crucial process on how to bring maid from India to Singapore in 2022
You will need to submit the following documents when your MDW goes to the SIP training centre:
- In-principle approval (IPA) letter (full set)
- MDW’s passport
- A copy of MDW’s educational certificate
STAY-HOME NOTICE for Indian Maids
Pass holders who are serving their Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or self-isolation must recover or self-isolate at their current accommodation if any of the following happens:
- COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result is positive.
- COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART) result is positive.
- They are identified as close contacts of a COVID-19 case and have received a Health Risk Warning (HRW).
Rest of the procedures
Once all the above procedures are done correctly, your Indian maid is already in your house working for you now. Now you can chill and just work on getting her work permit card to be done. That’s it .. hope she works with you for a very long term and you are happy being an employer. Please share these details on how to bring maid from India to Singapore in 2022 so that others can benefit from it too. 😊